Nosaki Mobile Inventory ™: methodical and precise inventory management
Nosaki Mobile Inventory ™ is a solution dedicated to inventory management and more specifically the identification of fixed assets in the company.
This is an integrated system that manages all stages of the inventory: preparation, counting, checking and the closing inventory.
Nosaki Mobile Inventory™ is composed of several modules:
- The inventory management software: Installed on a PC with a network connection, it provides the tools to prepare and manage the inventory itself. The manager has the tools for controlling and closing inventory (inventory comparison, corrections, reports, data transfer, etc.).
- The data-entry software: Installed on a mobile terminal equipped with a barcode reader, it is used by the operator who proceeds with the inventory.
- The synchronisation module acheives the data exchange between Nosaki Mobile Inventory ™ and the enterprise ressource planning system. (ERP)
Inventory = localise & identify thanks to barcode identification
The approach of Nosaki Mobile Inventory ™ is to locate the inventory site and to identify and recognize objects in it by reading bar codes.
The use of the solution Nosaki Mobile Inventory ™ is based on a proven methodology and applies to all areas. It consists of several steps:
- The preparation: it consists in verifying that all products to be inventoried are equipped with a bar code (if applicable, Nosaki Mobile Inventory ™ allows the creation of product's barcode labels) and to define geographically different areas of the company (markets, gondolas, reserves, etc.).
- The markup: it consists in identifying the different areas using "location" barcode labels.
- The census: is carried out by zone using mobile devices. Depending on the kind of articles that need to be counted, the data entry can be performed for each product unit or by using input quantities.
- The control is done by data transfer from the mobile terminals to the centralised system which provides the necessary tools to analyse and to generate business reports (inventory comparison, products research, differences management, etc.)
- The closing of the inventory with generation of closing reports, data transfert towards the ERP system, etc.
Advantages of the system:
- Simple and intuitive usage
- Multilingual interfaces
- Standardised management of inventories in the organisation
- Reliability, time savings, reduced inventory costs
- Compatible with most management systems on the market (ERP: SAP, Oracle, Sage, etc.).
- Modular solution based on business size
- Solution can be adapted according to specific business processes